Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Poonam Pandey still keen to strip for Team India


article_image
Model Poonam Pandey, who promised to bare all if India won the Cricket World Cup, says it was not a publicity stunt and that she is still ready to fulfil her commitment. "I am still on with my commitment. If BCCI gives me the permission good...I will do it. I am still requesting them.

On my behalf, I am telling everyone to go and tell the BCCI to allow me to do so that I can go ahead and fulfil it. I didn’t want to break any law so I took permission," Poonam told PTI.

The Kingfisher calendar model had sent a letter to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) asking for permission to strip.

"The letter that I had written was refused by them. I felt bad and was hurt when they did not allow me to go bare. I was upset. They just said BCCI does not give permission for such things," she said.

To a query, the 19-year-old said she has not planned to meet the BCCI officials personally to pursue the matter.

(Indian Express)