Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Relief from migraine

I am sure everyone who is a chronic sufferer of this horrible type of headache has a personally helpful method of dealing with Migraine when an attack strikes. I have been a sufferer ever since I was 19 years old and had my first attack in the middle of a piano lesson. At first I did not know what caused my vision to suddenly blur and then end up with a pain so crushing I could hardly bear it. The doctors told me I had ‘Classic Migraine’ - that is to say it was the usual kind.
article_image
Of course there are pills one takes as soon as the attack manifests itself but nothing really helped. Doctors told me attacks would die away as I got older but I had no such luck. If anything they were numerous as before and the best relief I got was from plunging my hands in very hot water in order to draw the blood away from the brain. Adding more and more water for about 20 minutes prevented the terrible pain and the inevitable nausea from coming on. However, a long sleep was always needed to feel normal again.
more

Sufferers live in fear that an attack will manifest at times of great importance. Surprisingly, mine never did. As Principal of a school there were always stressful days in my routine. Prize-givings, sports meets and other school functions loomed menacingly in the life of a Migraine sufferer. I always wondered if the fact that adrenaline flowed that much faster at times of crisis prevented the attacks. Whatever the reason, my Migraine attacks came at convenient times!!

But I have been cured when I least expected it and I would like to share this treatment with anyone who cares to try it. I have not had an attack for the last two years after just one session with a Pranic healer. I am not one of those people easily impressed with alternative medicines but this time my cure has lasted long enough for me to be convinced of the efficacy of the treatment I had.

Interested parties may contact me for details if they wish on 4411115 or the Pranic Foundation of Sri Lanka at No. 20, Moor Road, Wellawatte. No appointments are needed and it is open from Mondays through Fridays from 10 to 12 am and then again in the afternoons.

Of course one must be sure that one actually has Migraine. Bad headaches must not be written off as Migraine attacks when they may be nothing more than bad headaches. Freedom from such regular pain is freedom indeed and I would like to share my experience with anyone who needs it.

Goolbai Gunasekara (Courtesy - The Island)