Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

The real meaning of Christmas


Leigh Ellen Bee’s fourth grade class at Destin Christian Academy was asked what the meaning of Christmas was to them. Here are their unedited responses.
“Jesus died for our sings. He was whipped while dragging the cross that he was hailed to. Christmas is Jesus’s Birthday. Christmas isn’t about presents, It’s His Birthday! So Celebrate Him with a lot of love and joy.” –MacKenzie Chandler, 9.
“To me Christmas is a time for us to celebrate Jesus’s Birthday and for us to sing, praise, and worship Him. When Jesus came to Earth He knew that He would have to die on the cross for ours sins. Today we celebrate His birthday about only gifts, toys and presents we lose sight of what is realy important about this special day. I hope and pray that someday that everyone will be able to hear about Christmas and think about it as everyone else does. Because that is what Christmas is about, families getting together and celebration Jesus’s birthday.” –Rominey Willner, 9.
“What Christmas means to me is not about presents or coming to see the family, it’s about celebrating Jesus’s birth.” – Joey Paravate, 10.
“Christmas mean to me getting friends and family together to celebrate Jesus’s birthday. Also Santa Claus brings us presents to enjoy and play with.”- Kyla McInnes, 10.
“Christmas is a time of year where family gets together to celebrate Jesus’s birthday. Christmas is my favorite holiday because my family comes down to Florida and I love my family. Last year I got saved. It was the best Christmas I ever had.” -Meg Kown, 10.
“Christmas is about celebrating Jesus’s birthday. We get presents from Santa which mostly everyone likes about Christmas.” –Michael Orr
“What Christmas means to me is spending time with your family. You know how everyone says Christmas is about giving? Well it is, but it’s really about getting because in that manger God gave us the best thing of all, JESUS.” –Dylan Misener, 9.
“Christmas is about Jesus. Jesus was born on that day. On Christmas we have joy love and peace.’ –Mark Jackson, 9.
www.thedestinlog.com