Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The case of the dairyman

"We have been your milk consumers for such a long time, but we are sorry to see your supply is becoming dilated."

"Take my word," said the dairyman, "I am sorry to hear those words. I have never heard such a complaint."

"May be, but this is the truth."

The dairyman was worried. He was in an enigma. What am I to do in this plight? I have the best of cows. They have been supplying milk for quite a number of years. Why has this happened? He discussed this with his wife, who could not believe what's happening.

"What are you going to do now?" Asked the wife of the dairyman.

"I want to get a sample of the milk and show it to the vet."

"That's a good idea."

The dairyman was delighted for a moment. I should meet the best vet in the village. He went looking for one.

"What brought you here?" Asked the physician as the dairyman entered the house with a bottle full of milk. The dairyman explained the matters, and laid before him the problem he has encountered.

The vet, having listened to the dairyman, examined the milmk by drinking a cup.

"I can visualize one thing," he said.

"What's that?" Asked the dairyman.

"Are the cows scared about something?"

"Not that I know of."

"Check for something like that in them."

"How can I do that?"

"Just be vigilant about their surrounding."

"Okay, will do that," said the dairyman and went once again to the dairy.

He stayed one whole night up to see if there anything that scares the cows off.

As the dawn approached, he heard a roaring sound of a tiger. The tiger was not visible yet, but the cows were disturbed. The dairyman went on watching for some time.

To his sheer surprise he saw something. It was incredibly surprising. It was incredibly alarming too.

The tiger was in love with a vixen. The dairyman was still watching it. The tiger was not making a roar, he was making a cry of love. So the dairyman got to know the secret.He met the vet once again.

"It was strange,' said the dairyman. Then he explained all what he saw. The vet smiled tenderly.

"That's the stumbling block. Did you not note the behaviour of the cows?" He asked.

"Yes it looks as if the cows were scared. But what a strange behaviour!"

"Strange things happen in this world."

"How come such a tiger falls in love with a good for nothing vixen?"

"That may be an exception. But seeing is believing. Anyway you got to get rid of the tiger."

"How can we do it?"

The vet was thinking.

"You can't have the cake and eat the same. So there is only one way to get rid of the tiger. But I'm not sure if you can do it."

"Is it a secret?"

"Yes."

"I need to know it. I need to retain my customers."

"Okay, can you get hold of the vixen?"

"Yes."

"I will give you a medicine. You must apply it on the vixen. Do you think you can do it?"

"Yes I can. Then what will happen?"

"The tiger will come to vixen. It will be tempted to lick the medicine on the vixen. Then it will swoon off to a deep sleep."

"Will it die?"

"Perhaps not. But it will be unconscious. You can get hold of him and put it in a cage. Cows will no longer be scared. Try and let me know."

The dairyman did all what the vet said. Finally the tiger was caught and trapped.

The cows lived in peace without fear. And the dairyman could retain his customers.
 Courtesy By Daily News